Foldfactory saddle stitch booklets are 100% customizable, which means that you can create unique booklets that meet your specific size, paper, and finishing requirements. There are over 40 cover stocks to choose from and 35 interior page stocks, which can even be combined for multiple versions of the same booklet. You can order the exact quantity required, from 10 to 6,000, which covers all of your needs. Save the hassle of addressing mailing – Foldfactory can do it for you! Just reference our Mailing List Template to be sure your list is print ready, and refer to our Mailing List Guidelines for tips!
Need your order shipped fast? Your order can be ready to ship in less than 3 business days. Get top of the line digital printing and superior saddle stitching for your next project.
File Setup Requirements and Tips
Please note the following regarding your document setup:
These are the minimum and maximum dimensions for saddle stitch booklets.
*The maximum size for booklets printed on the Linen Paper is 8.85" X 11.7".
● Please note that the finished size is Width X Height.
● The largest sizes are currently available for the following paper stocks and weights: Premium Gloss and Premium Matte 100# Cover and 100# Text, and Uncoated Smooth 80# Cover.
● Make each page of your document the same size as what is being ordered. So if you are ordering a 5.5 x 8.5 booklet, the pages in your document should also be 5.5 x 8.5. Be sure to include an additional 1/8" bleed on all 4 sides of the page.
● Make sure your document has the same number of pages as what is being ordered (this number must be divisible by 4). So if you are ordering a 16-page booklet, then your document should also contain 16 pages. You can add blank pages as necessary to make page count.
● The first two pages and the last two pages of your document will be your booklet cover. If you do not wish to have any printing on the inside covers of your booklet, then simply include blank pages in your document.
● Please enter the total number of sides (not sheets of paper), including any cover pages.
Paper thickness affects the thickness of the booklet and therefore Saddle Stitched Booklets have page count limits. The page counts below include the cover. Please note the following regarding your saddle stitch booklet page count and paper type:
● With cover weight stock for both cover and interior pages, the maximum page count is 20
● For books larger than 9 x 12, maximum page count is 16
● With the synthetic (waterproof) stock, the maximum page count is 32
● For books larger than 9 x 12, maximum page count for 6 mil is 24 & 10 mils is 12
● With 100# text weight for interior pages, the booklet can be a maximum of 84 pages
● For books larger than 9 x 12, the maximum is 44 pages
● With 80# text weight for interior pages, the booklet can be a maximum of 100 pages
● For books larger than 9 x 12, the maximum page count is 60
● If your page count is higher than the listed page limits, please consider a spiral coil or wire coil booklet available by custom quote.
Please note: Production time starts after proof approval. Production time is how long it takes to produce your order and does not include shipment transit time.